West Coast Wholesale Account Executive
Our wholesale division seeks highly motivated individual with strong sales, communication and organizational skills. Responsibilities includes adding, developing and maintaining relationships with both federated and specialty accounts.
Responsibilities incldue but are not limited to:
- Establish, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services..
- Identify prospective customers using established lead methods and research sources to determine their potential.
- Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customer’s value to the organization.
- Keeps abreast of product, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Meet sales goals for volume of quality new business quoted and written within company guidelines.
- Train in-store selling staff of merchandise and product features by doing in-store sales seminars.
- Weekly visits to CA stores and monthly visits to North West locations to merchandise store floor and provide product training.
- Analyze daily, weekly, monthly selling reports for assigned accounts.
- Monitor inventory levels and assortment for each account to ensure proper inventory levels.
- Match customer orders with availability, and future warehouse receipts.
- Work with US planning and Italy production to track production, for wholesale orders, from Italy, Turkey and Portugal
- Schedule market appts. To showcase and sell the line the showroom and set up the showroom for market with order forms, buy guides.
- Assist Director to come up with promotions, and/or contests in stores when necessary.
- Create assortments for flash sites from excess inventory; track what they sold prior and at what price.
- Participate in trade shows and conventions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Business or Fashion Merchandising)
- 4+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Keen understanding of retail math and able to analyze the business by sell through, on-hand, inventory, and margin.
- Knowledge of Great Plains is preferred, and possesses Excellent Excel modeling skills.
- Independent, self motivated, detail-oriented; ability to multi-task in a busy office environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general selling reports.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills on complex topics to top management.